Here are ways we’re protecting your privacy.
Last Updated: 02/04/2022
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Crave. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We use personal information collected via our websites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
Ordering Products On Our Website
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, we may collect personal information to ensure we can fulfill your order and provide you with our products and services:
- Contact Information: Data such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other contact information.
- Payment Data: Data about your billing address and method of payment, such as bank details, credit, debit, or other payment card information, as necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor (Braintree and Paypal) and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
- Purchase and Warranty Data: Data such as device serial number, any claims or service issues you have reported to us related to your device or the warranty, and any other information related to your purchase of a device or service from us. Purchase and Warranty Data is collected only if you elect to provide it to us in the course of using our websites or customer support services. You may be required to provide Purchase and Warranty Data to use some of our services, such as completing purchases from our website, receiving customer support and making a warranty claim.
We use this personal information to:
- Fulfill and manage your orders for Contractual reasons: Fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through our site.
- Manage user accounts: Manage your account and keep it in working order.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent: Request feedback, such as product reviews.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
Email Marketing and Customer Support
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you subscribe to a marketing communications, open a support ticket, or enter your contact information on our website for other purposes:
- Contact Information: Data such as name, email address and any information that may be helpful to help us with customer service.
We use this personal information to:
- Respond to your customer service requests and follow up with you regarding inquiries.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications with your Consent: We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you provide to us for our marketing purposes, if you have provided consent with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- Administer prize draws and competitions with your Consent: We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Send administrative information to you for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual: We may use your personal information to send you information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
Browsing Our Websites
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate our websites. We collect this aggregate information through cookies and similar technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies Policy below. This information may include:
- Device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information.
We use this information to:
- To protect our websites for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons: We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- For internal analytics and reporting purposes. We may use your anonymized information for data analysis, identifying usage trends, and to evaluate and improve our websites, products, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual.
- For advertising purposes, as described below.
Job Applicants and Employees
We collect personal information from our employees and job applicants for our Business Purposes, Contractual purposes, and Legal Reasons.
When you apply for a job with us, you may submit your resume, experience, education, and other information relevant to the job posting. This information is used to evaluate job candidates for the purpose of filling open positions.
We collect additional information from our employees, such as financial and tax information, tax identification number, Social Security number, bank account information, race, national origin, ethnicity, residential address, driver’s license number, and information in order to administer our human resource responsibilities and meet our reporting obligations.
We collect personal information from the dealers of Crave products for our Business Purposes, Contractual purposes, and Legal Reasons through the Crave Website, Crave Dealer Hub and other sources. This information includes financial and tax information, tax identification number, bank account information, and contact information. We use this information to fulfill our contractual obligations, process orders and payments, provide training materials, and administer our business relationships with our dealers.
ONLINE ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We use Google Analytics, a third-party analytics service, on our websites. Google Analytics may set and access its own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our web sites and on third-party services to collect information that can be used to track users over time and across services. These analytics services help us understand how users arrive at and use our web sites.
If you do not want Google Analytics to collect and use information about your use of our websites, then you can install an opt-out in your web browser. You also may opt out from Google Analytics by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
We strive to provide you with relevant, value-added content in our online advertisements. We work with online analytics and advertising partners to deliver our advertisements on third-party websites and to better tailor our own ads and communications.
Our advertising partners place cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on many online services, including ours. They use these technologies to collect information about your activities on these services in order to deliver you more relevant advertising. For example, they may use the information they collect from their cookies on our web sites to identify Crave products and services you might be interested in and to recognize your device so they can show you relevant Crave advertisements. Additionally, we sometimes provide basic information we collect (such as email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies, mobile ad identifiers, and other proprietary IDs, in order to provide you with more relevant ads when you visit other online services.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link, the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link, or Your Online Choices to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your personal information on the following legal bases:
- Consent: If you have given us specific consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: When it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract: To fulfill the terms of our contract with you.
- Legal Obligations: Where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, and in response to a court order or a subpoena, or national security or law enforcement investigation.
- Vital Interests: When it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, potential threats to the safety of any person, and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may need to share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party vendors, service providers, data processors, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may also allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the websites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the websites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Except as described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors prohibiting them from doing anything with your personal information beyond our instructions. Furthermore, they will not share your personal information any further without our authorization and will hold it securely and only retain it for the duration we have specified.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any private investment, merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of service providers:
- Cloud Computing Services
- Communication & Collaboration Tools
- Data Analytics Services
- Data Storage Service Providers
- Finance & Accounting Tools
- Order Fulfillment Service Provider
- Payment Processors
- Performance Monitoring Tools
- Product Engineering & Design Tools
- Sales & Marketing Tools
- Social Networks
- Testing Tools
- User Account Registration & Authentication Services
- Website Hosting Service Providers
We may rely on the legal grounds described above to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, including: your consent; that the information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; to comply with a legal obligation; to protect your, or someone else’s vital interests; or for a legitimate interest that is balanced against your rights and interests. These legitimate interests may include our interest in improving our products and services, enhancing safety and security, protecting Crave or its business partners against wrongful conduct, and responding to customer inquiries and claims.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK), or Switzerland, we ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise permitted or required by law. We retain and use information as necessary to provide product support, to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our rights. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as we reasonably conclude that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal information was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser, and capture and remember certain information.
- To help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- To understand and save user's preferences for future visits, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
- To compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better web site experiences and tools in the future.
- To customize the advertising and marketing messages that appear on our web sites.
Our web sites use different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. We only place cookies on your device after you give us permission.
You can at any time deactivate cookies from the Cookie Declaration on our website. You can also exercise your preference to receive all types of cookies by managing cookies from your web browser. As the means by which to activate or deactivate cookies varies from one web browser to another, you should visit your web browser’s help menu for more information on cookie preferences. You can also configure your browser at any time to be notified of the receipt of a cookie, so that you can decide whether you want to accept it or not.
If you choose to deactivate cookies, you may continue to use certain parts of our websites. However, some useful features may not work anymore, depending on which cookies you deactivate. Please note that if you have disabled one or more cookies, we may continue to use the information that was collected by such cookies before they were deactivated. However, we will cease to collect any information via the opted-out cookie once a cookie has been deactivated.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY DISCLOSURE
If you are a California resident, Crave will honor your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
We will ask you for information which we consider necessary to verify your identity for security and fraud-prevention purposes. This information may include name, contact information, and information related to your transaction or relationship with Crave. The specific information requested may differ depending on the circumstances of your request for your security and to protect privacy rights. If you request deletion of your personal data, please note that we will both render certain personal data about you permanently unrecoverable and also de-identify certain personal data.
NEVADA PRIVACY DISCLOSURE
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for “monetary consideration” (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) to a person for that person to license or sell such information to others. We do not engage in such activity. However, if you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us, you may submit a request to opt out of any future sales under Nevada law by contacting us as detailed in the Contacting Us section below. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
The GDPR or UK GDPR give you rights to be informed, to access, rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive free information about what personal data we have obtained about you, where it is stored, for how long, for what purposes it is used, to whom it was disclosed. You have the right to require that we, without undue delay, rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you.
That means you can request we change your personal data in our records, or have your incomplete personal data completed. You have the “right to be forgotten,” i.e. to have us delete your personal information, without undue delay, if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. However, GDPR gives us the right to refuse erasure if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for keeping your information.
GDPR gives you the right to restrict processing if any of the following applies:
- If you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict processing it for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy.
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose its erasure and request instead the restriction of its use.
- We no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require us to restrict processing for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
Right to data portability
Upon request, we will provide you your personal data in our possession, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit that data to another controller if doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
Right to object
You can object, on grounds relating your particular situation, at any time, to processing of your personal information, if based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. We will then have to stop processing unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will have to stop processing for these purposes.
Right to withdraw consent
GDPR grants you the right to withdraw your earlier given consent, if any, to processing of your personal data at any time.
Rights related to automated decision making
As a responsible business, we do not rely on any automated decision making, such as profiling.
If you are a UK or EU citizen, the following rights will apply in accordance with the GDPR:
- Restriction of Processing: In some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your Data.
- Data Portability: You have the right to receive the personal information which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit such information to another controller without hindrance from Crave. This right only applies when the processing of your Data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- Object to Processing: You have the right to object to processing of your personal information when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of Crave. We may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Data for marketing purposes. To unsubscribe from our marketing communications you may contact us or simply click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each communication.
If you have consented to any personal data processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time for future processing. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to consent being withdrawn. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use a variety of tools – technological, administrative, and physical – to keep data secure. These safeguards are designed to ensure that your personal information is protected against unlawful access or use.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to ensure your visit to our site is as safe as possible, and we have regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
In addition, all sensitive payment information is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway payment processing provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will comply with legal requirements to notify you and applicable authorities.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Our web sites and products are designed exclusively for adults. Our Terms of Services clearly state the age requirement of 18 and impose a condition of use that viewers will not make any of the materials from our web sites available to minors.
We do not knowingly collect or process personal information about minors under age 18. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor and believe that your child has directly disclosed personal information to us, please contact us through one of the methods provided below in the Contacting Us section so that we may delete the child’s personal information.
CAN SPAM ACT
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We may collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in compliance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
By mail: Crave Innovations
1234 Folsom Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
By email: [email protected]